Have you been curious about creating a Squarespace website, but want to take a look at how it works before you sign up? In this video, I will be sharing an overview of the Squarespace website platform and how you can use their editor to create your website.
A QUICK WEBSITE WALKTHROUGH OF SQUARESPACE VERSION 7.0
SQUARESPACE VERSION 7.0: THE IMPORTANT BASICS
- There are currently two versions of Squarespace out right now, 7.0 & 7.1. Both versions are accessed from Squarespace, and the new templates are currently being offered here. If you’d like to use 7.0 to build your website, you can access those templates here. All templates are included in a paid plan.
- 7.0 & 7.1 have the same basic functions but the templates and editing style are slightly different.
- Squarespace works by using drag and drop “blocks” to the page to create a website page. These blocks can be moved around to configure your web pages however you want.
- If you are interested in adding more customized coding to your website, there are advanced settings that allow you to do this.
- Customize your Squarespace design through the “Site Styles” area. In this area you can change your colors, fonts, and the overall look and feel of your website.